Friday, November 10, 2006

The Best Sunset in the World... Probably


Ah yes, this is the life. Cruising through the Cape Verde Isles with an ice cold beer. This is the last piece of land we'll see till we pick up the coast of Brazil, which we'll follow down to Montevideo.

I've also found some more practical information. If you'd like to write to me, or send me something (compilation CDs are always welcome), you can do so at:
Halley Research Station
c/o British Antarctic Survey
Stanley
Falkland Islands
South Atlantic
FIQQ 1ZZ

Not as cool as
The Evil Lair, The South Pole, but if you post stuff between now and February, it should arrive pronto. After March, we have to wait till the following August, or whenever the planes can get back in.

You can also keep an eye on where we are using this slighty worrying ship tracking website. I'm still not convinced this isn't all a setup for some crazy postgrad version of Big Brother. Right, I'm off to check the bathroom for hidden webcams... Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be ....
On top of the sea ...
In a carlsberg drunken stupor, in the shade.

Looks like you're halfway to Monte Dave, Cap'n given you guys an arrival date yet?

1:36 am GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright Dave,

It's all looking pretty damn sweet on the boat. Back in the uk, it's dull, grey and cold. My travel plans changed and I'm going to be in Rothera in 13 days! Crazy!

Had a curry last week that scored a 4, an all time low. My guts still don't quite feel right.

Big up the Rothera massive.

Matt.

2:58 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home